Monday, May 30, 2011

B is for Book

I love books. All kinds of books. Small ones and big ones. True ones and fiction ones. Books with pictures and books with words. I love them all, every book, every word.

I've been a consumer of books my whole life, well at least since I could read/hold a book.  So it's only fitting that I pass this obesession on to my kids. My dream is to build them a library of books that they can cherish and come back to even when they are older and have outgrown Good Night Moon and Peekaboo Morning.  

So I am always on the hunt for a great book to read to my kids {and now that my oldest has begun reading, books that he can read to himself}.  Right now, I'm definitely partial to books written in rhyme.  It just makes it much more enjoyable to read over and over and over and over {you have a bazillion books, why do we have to read It's Lovely When You Smile AGAIN?!?}

But there are so so many children's books out there: from board books to picture books, from classics to new creations.  It's really hard to know where to start or end.  So I was excited to find this yearly list of the "Best Baby Books" by the Fred Rogers Company {yes, that Fred Rogers a/k/a/ Mr. Rogers}.  Here's this year's list for books published in 2010:
Here are a few of my kiddos' favorites:

Corduroy (40th Anniversary Edition)Freight Train Big Book (Mulberry Big Book)My World: A Companion to Goodnight MoonThe Going-To-Bed Book
Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book! The Foot Book (The Bright and Early Books for Beginning Beginners) If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (If You Give...)Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?Giraffes Can't DanceOn the Night You Were Born {Okay so this is mommy's favorite, but both the words and the illustrations are just wonderful!}

No comments:

Post a Comment