Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's A Dirty Job

It's kinda gross, but during this marathon cold season, it's my most prized possession.

One of the hardest aspects of having a little one {and there are a lot of them} is dealing with colds.  When my children were infants I worked really hard to get them as old as possible before they caught their first cold -- i.e., being a sanitizer nazi, refusing to let people get too near, much less touch, them when they were really young, etc.  Because NOTHING is worse than a congested newborn.  I do mean nothing. 

Yes, there is the aspirator, but really who wants to stick that big bulby, sticky thing up that precious, moving target of a nose {they learn really quickly to start squirming when they see the thing coming}.  In fact, I swear I remember that thing my from my own childhood; and believe me the memories are not fond.

That's why I love love LOVE the SNOT SUCKER 2000 {not the real name, but that's what I call it}.  This nasal aspirator is ridiculously simple, but so effective.  Particularly when you are attempting to remove snot {don't you just love that word!} by yourself from an uncooperative little human.  I used to have my husband hold their heads while I tried to suck out the snot, but not anymore!

Oh and yes it seems gross that you are literally sucking the snot with your mouth, but trust me, it doesn't get anywhere close to your mouth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment