Monday, December 27, 2010

Boutique Magnifique


I recently moved to Washington, DC and while I was born and raised in this area, I have been in New York for so long now I feel like a New Yorker.  So, returning to this area has been a huge adjustment.

 Like any good New Yorker {read snob}, I think every other city is just not good enough.  The restaurants are not as good. The shopping's not as good. The people aren't as interesting {read rude}. 

For an urban-mom like me that includes the baby boutiques, activities and Mommy and Me groups.  Will they be as trendy?  Will there be tons of activities to choose from?  Will I even want to join any of the groups?

Well the answer to the first question at least is a resounding Yes!  I know that Georgetown has always been a generally cool place to shop, but I didn't know Capitol Hill was so fab!  I particularly love the row of family-friendly shops near Eastern Market and especially Dawn Price Baby.  They have all of the best baby gear, clothing and gifts that you could want.  Her taste is impeccable.  I strolled through their Capitol Hill shop thinking "I like that, and that and that and that, ooh and that too!"  So, of course, I had to pick up a few things that I needed {eehhm yes needed} for my little ones -- French flash cards, mitten clips and an über cute cable knit outfit. 

If you are a NYC-transplant in the DC area, be sure to check out Dawn Price Baby.  And for a few minutes you may forget that you're strolling the shops in our nation's capital and think you've just stumbled across a cute new baby boutique in SoHo.

No comments:

Post a Comment